Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's a Keeper

I've become a regular at Goodwill...check out my end table re-do that I've decided to keep.

I found this table the other day - nothing special about it except it is very sturdy.


Of course the first thing to do was sand it.  I decided to just sand the top of it down to the original wood because I was going to stain the top and paint the body of it.


Stained the top a darker brown stain and painted the body a beige color.


I did a little different form of distressing on this piece.  I put stain over the paint and quickly wiped it off.


I LOVE using something I already have on hand...I used the knobs off of the dresser re-do I did recently!



And here is the before & after...the top looks a reddish color in this pic but it is dark brown.


And here it is already in its new home...this is where I sit every morning drinking my coffee - I think I'm really going to enjoy the drawer to hide all my junk.


That pic did not turn out great but I think you can see how good it looks.  The table that was there is now on its way to re-Runs!!!

Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment